Thursday, May 11, 2006

sleeping in strangers houses

it looked so peacefull from the outside, perfect living room, with the table next to the window and a vase with fresh flowers (changed daily). hoovered, polished, cleaned, tidy...just how i want my house to be. comfortable big sofa facing the fire place (which i am sure offers dancing fires in the winter).

i decide to knock. i am allowed in. i sit on the comfortable sofa and chat. i speak mainly about myself, what i am doing, where i am going, what interests me. when i am offered a cup of tea i accept. then i lay down, just to feel the softness of the pillows. they smell on fresh linen and sunshine. i close my eyes. and begin to relax deeply. deep. deep. rest. sleep. i don't remember much else. when i woke up, tea next to me was cold, undrank. i stood up, walked over to the vase with fresh flowers, touched the tip of the tullips and with the softness of the petals still clinging to my skin i left the house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you didn't look for scratched eyes. you looked for a naked body like a river
out in the world no one sleeps
no one

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home